I don't know why on earth this doesn't look like more stuff. It sure felt like a lot, but...it's amazing how nice it is to move things on out of the house. I managed to put out some stuff this time that I couldn't find last time the donation people came by. So that is a small victory.
Then I got a message from a friend with a toddler. We'd talked about their coming over and getting some toddler toys - my boys are so far beyond them, it is silly that I have them! She fell in LOVE with the kitchen and the toy food, which was delightful. She did not even want to see any other toys! At the end of our time, she packed all the toy food and dishes into grocery bags and, I kid you not, carried them right up the street and away from her car! It was so great to see this toy kitchen getting played with and loved after years of boredom in our living room.
During the kitchen clean-up, Scott went to put some ziploc bags away and found this horrifying scene:
During the kitchen clean-up, Scott went to put some ziploc bags away and found this horrifying scene:
And he struggled to get the box of ziplocs not to slide right back out of the cabinet again. My response could only be: That cabinet is NEXT on my list.
Sara told me to throw away all the old candy. DONE
I found that there were 10 lunch boxes in there. My kids aren't even allowed to bring their lunches to school, so this is clearly too many. We are now down to 5:
Sara told me to throw away all the old candy. DONE
I found that there were 10 lunch boxes in there. My kids aren't even allowed to bring their lunches to school, so this is clearly too many. We are now down to 5:
All in all....I keep wondering if I'm every going to get all of this done. I know how to do a big project. Here's what I need:
1. Vision
2. A plan
3. Steady, consistent effort
4. A deadline
I don't know how exactly it is all going to get done, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.
Looking at a December 11 closing...we'll see just where I can get to by then.
3. Steady, consistent effort
4. A deadline
I don't know how exactly it is all going to get done, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.
Looking at a December 11 closing...we'll see just where I can get to by then.



No comments:
Post a Comment