Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fast Forward

Add us to the long list of blogs started in a fit of enthusiasm only to taper off to nothing abruptly when their authors become distracted.  Given the content of our blog, the fact that this didn't happen in oh, November is actually a bit of a miracle.


It's been over a month since my last post, and what's occurred isn't really a mystery...well, except that it is, perhaps.  I ended up building the truly tall set for "The Mystery of Edwin Drood"  There's a whole long story-thing, but I'm just not going to get into it, and it all turned out just fine.





Meanwhile Sara and Austin ended up selling their house and moving to their new house right around the same time as I was loading the scenery into the theater.  It was a few days off, but...crazy times all around!

They are settling into their new home, and we are currently a 3-show household.  I am a 3-show person, even.  Drood has one more weekend with strike on Sunday, and we are starting production on the final show of Chameleon's season - Five Women Wearing the Same Dress.  Meanwhile Scott is stage managing Treasure Island at Theatre in the Round, and I am about to jump into assistant stage managing that show while assisting with the scenery for it and 5 Women and designing the props for 5 Women.  Which sounds as thought it might be enough to push me over the edge, only...I don't think so.

During all this...mayhem, the unpacking has slowed to a near-stop, at least on my part.  I would love to say "A box a day!  Unpack a box a day, at least!" But at some point in some production, that will become untenable once again, I know.

Today's box features items from the coat tree that was formerly in the front hall but is now in the kitchen and such a vital part of our daily lives that we have rules surrounding it (one coat per person, clear it off if we have a lot of guests coming) and could not possibly loan it for a production no matter the need.

Among the items found are spring jackets, which we will be wanting, and jackets that are now too small for the youngest among us.  Which we will no longer be wanting but washing and donating.

Stay tuned for possible further updates!  (Sara...you don't have to post pictures.  Just say something so they know you haven't totally abandoned me and our blog)

1 comment:

  1. I plan to write this week - sorry I have not written in SO LONG - and also I can't wait to see all these shows!

    What I have to do: give up the need for sleep.

    Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete