Tuesday, October 15, 2013

To the Victor, The Spoils

From...a few months ago.  But it includes a photo and is partially written:


Life just recently has felt like a massive scavenger hunt.  You see, in spite of having sort of moved about 6 months ago, we still have a lot of boxes sitting around.  A lot of it is media of the non-mission-critical...books, DVDs, VHS tapes and other things that do a whole lot of sitting on shelves.

The lack of three or four unexcavated items, however, continued to haunt me, however.  The first is my St. Anthony pendant, an item that I acquired after a previous round of "OMG, where are these damn things?!?" in which said things were found after I followed Sara's suggestion that I give St. Anthony a shout out.  And you know, although I am not the most religous person, I do believe in the good vibe of St. Anthony energy, and whenever something can't be found, if I can tap into that undercurrent of "findingness," it's usually not long before I find the item in question or it finds me.

The next thing on the list was a gamecube game that Justin has been longing for called Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, which, upon finding it I was coerced into further questing for setting up the Wii (the old one, not the new one) and making the controllers work and on and on.

The next thing I found was a box of dress shoes - mine and Andrew's.  We had no idea where our go-to dress shoes had gotten to and this was becoming a concern as we're going into dress-shoe season.  Or something.

And finally...the Pièce de résistance....The gameboy/ds bag.  The boys did have their DS's and some games, but the real issue here was the quantity of old generation 3 games that Justin was periodically and repeatedly longing for (and hassling me about intently).  These were some of the first gameboy games we ever bought, and the kids still want to play them even now.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the entirity of....Pokemon Gen 3:


No comments:

Post a Comment