Sunday, December 30, 2012

Well, THAT is done...except that it isn't.


 Shockingly, I failed to post a blog on moving day.  I did not fail to go to a performance of Happy Crazier New Year, however.  What more fitting thing to do on our first night in St. Paul, I ask you?  I ASK YOU!

It all went pretty well, all things considered.  There is still a lot to do at the old house, and we did suffer a broken TV (Which made someone in the family grin like a Fool-Z apparently because he knew that meant he'd be getting the flat screen TV he's secretly been wanting forever).  There is also a lot of unpacking to do at the new house, and there are some key players to retrieve from Arizona later today...though fortunately, we only have to go as far as MSP to get them.

SO in lieu of an actual update, here are some photos of the painting that we did to B's room, oh, earlier this week.  I forget when exactly.  Thursday maybe?

You can see it was petal pink and there was a tiara on the door.


Sara reminded me to take some "before" pictures after we had started the taping.  All I had was my cell phone, so the pictures are notably bad.



There are no "during" pictures.  Here is an "after painting, after moving the big bed unit and bookcase into place picture"  YES, the 14 year old gets a king sized bed.  His is the room where it fits.  What can you do? 


I feel like none of these pictures is a great representation of the color and all...tricky with so many windows.  Overall, we're pretty happy with the result, though.

Here is a pile of dust and debris from the former house.  After the everything was removed from the dining room, there was this:



Woo hoo, binoculars.  Woo hoo.









3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome with that bed in it! I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the blue shows up nicely in the picture with the bed. It's the pink that doesn't look very pink, although I *love* the tiara picture! Dan

      Delete
  2. The tiara was very cute. Just not the right fit for...really anyone currently in this house. Except maybe a cat.

    ReplyDelete