No, I'm pretty sure it's despair. Things are not going that well, and I feel powerless to stop that for the most part.
Instead of cleaning out the garage, closets, pantry or any of a large number of other things...I've been hitting the scenery HARD this weekend. There has been a lot of moving-of-platforms, painting of exposed wood on said platforms and this lovely backdrop that had been clouds and whatnot from Suburb and now:
It's a green screen for magic video stuff. It's very like my race shirts! Or the aliens in Buzz Light Year. Don't you think? Big, BIG thanks to Dorian and Sadie who also painted a TON on Saturday. I...there are no words to express how much I appreciate other people painting.
Meanwhile at home, I was facing THIS. It's a small, adorable toddler table. My children enjoyed it very much...when they were toddlers and even first graders. Now we use it for collecing paper and things and stuff and more things.
Yes. After working a long day of scenic preparing...I worked on it until it got to the point of having just computer programs, computers and a box of mints on it and a pair of green binoculars under it. Those binoculars are going in the donation bag SOON, I believe. Shockingly, this did not even take that long.
Sunday, there was a lot more scenery. And stuff. And I got to scale a 7 foot tall stack of platforms. I tell ya, it is a good thing I can climb! And then big thanks also to Scott for helping me build triangle platforms. Because building those alone would have been nigh impossible, I'm here to say.
So the despair...is mitigated by the fact that I'm not working on everything alone AND that at least as far as the house goes, I am starting to see the areas I have tackled and vanquished begin to gain some ground on the areas that are still making me feel overwhelmed and sometimes I even feel like I really can do this.
And the blog...is ONE view away from a thousand page views. This is simultaneously cool and a little unnerving, maybe.



No comments:
Post a Comment