But now, back to my closet, because I know you have been dying to see pictures of the horror, the horror that it was.
The closet had a LOT of stuff in it. Shoes all over the floor of it, plus two bags of toys I'm gathering up to donate, a bag of knitting projects, and all kinds of other random items:
The shelves held a huge mishmash of sweaters and clothing - mostly my husband's, because I'm too short to reach!
I had piles of sweaters, pajamas, and exercise clothing in a mishmash on the side shelving, topped by a sloppy pile of handmade baby blankets. (Note: my babies are now 10 and 14 years old).
I cleared out a bunch of stuff and bagged it up to donate to Epilepsy Foundation or Goodwill, and pulled everything off the shelves and sorted it. Some things needed to be washed and many things needed to be re-folded. The baby blankets are now packed away in a box to go into storage for a while.
Meanwhile, Austin (my husband) was also inspired and he cleared out a LOT of clothing and put them into a bag to be donated later. He also tackled those upper shelves that I can't reach, sorting and re-folding everything.
Here's a view of his side of the closet:
Here is what my side of the closet looks like now:
And... now it's finally possible to walk into the closet again. Weird. But I like it.
Next up: working on the disaster area that I call my office.





Wow - such a transformation! And yes, SHOCKING that you would like being able to walk into your walk-in closet! You two cleared out a lot of STUFF. Be proud!
ReplyDelete