Life has continued on at its usual break-neck pace. There's been a lot of zipping around with kids, grocery shopping, show prep, etc. etc. Super fascinating.
I've been working slowly and sporadically on getting the clothes under control. I've got both boys pretty well settled and their dressers full of only clothes that fit them.
For myself, I realize that I am the problem. I could have 3 separate dressers AND a closet. One for regular clothes, one for workout/running clothes and a third for paint/construction clothes and the closet for those times I have to turn into a "fancy lady." I'm not sure what the solution to THAT is except to turn all my regular and workout clothes into paint clothes and just be OK with paint on my clothes?
While I ponder THAT issue a while longer, I'm going to escort some children's books on out of the house.
I'm starting with books that neither I nor the children have any real affection for and/or interest in. Weirdly, I feel compelled to keep the books I read the most times. Logically this probably makes no sense.
Here is bookshelf #1. It is ostensibly the bookshelf belonging to the younger of my two sons. It is full to overflowing with a lot of random books for a wide variety of ages.
I've been working slowly and sporadically on getting the clothes under control. I've got both boys pretty well settled and their dressers full of only clothes that fit them.
For myself, I realize that I am the problem. I could have 3 separate dressers AND a closet. One for regular clothes, one for workout/running clothes and a third for paint/construction clothes and the closet for those times I have to turn into a "fancy lady." I'm not sure what the solution to THAT is except to turn all my regular and workout clothes into paint clothes and just be OK with paint on my clothes?
While I ponder THAT issue a while longer, I'm going to escort some children's books on out of the house.
I'm starting with books that neither I nor the children have any real affection for and/or interest in. Weirdly, I feel compelled to keep the books I read the most times. Logically this probably makes no sense.
Here is bookshelf #1. It is ostensibly the bookshelf belonging to the younger of my two sons. It is full to overflowing with a lot of random books for a wide variety of ages.
I removed 3 paper bags reasonably full of books we did not even like and ended up with this:
FACT: This is probably still more than half full of books we don't really need to keep, but I feel like this is not a bad start for a person who, historically speaking, has only ever brought books INTO the house.


No comments:
Post a Comment