I spent the day today cooking a pre-Thanksgiving dinner and trying to scramble things for the upcoming production of Return to the Forbidden Planet, so I didn't get a lot of Clean-Out stuff done. I do already have 15 donation bags for the pick-up on Friday. Which may be twice as many as I said I'd have. And I do look at the remaining "trouble zones" in the house (with the exception of the garage...ack) as being a lot more manageable than I did when I started. I've gotten some of the most daunting things out of the way, thank goodness.
So here are some tips from this week.
Tip 1:
This comes from Brian Johnsen: employee, friend. His wife Jenny told me that his wisdom is that if you haven't touched something in 6 months, move it on out of your house. I think there may be an exception for seasonal clothes. This is smart in a lot of ways. I also don't know that I could do it - probably 75% of the stuff in my house falls under that category. Which may be why I really *should* do it.
Tip 2:
If you cook pudding and forget about it and the bottom of the beautiful stainless steel pain gets a thick, black crust on it...the thing you want for that is the Scotch Brite Stainless Steel scrubbing puff things. It's not a fast process, but it really does get that black stuff off.
Tip 3:
Fortitude. Things in all quadrants may look like a disaster. It is important not to fall over and give up.
That's all I've got.
I am trying not to fall over and give up. And I hope to blog this weekend, if I can get over feeling like my house is horrible and will never ever sell to anyone because of whatever.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. Do not fall over and/or give up. Your house is not horrible and it wil be just the ticket for some other lucky family.
ReplyDelete