Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Office, The Place Where Stuff Goes to Die


Things I have found while clearing out my office:

A Gymboree receipt from 2005
Fisher Price Little People brochure (my kids are 10 and 15 and all the Little People have long since left our home)
About 25 Disney World brochures from Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, etc., along with schedules from dates in 2001 and 2006 (useful)
Crinoline for my wedding dress (extra useful)
Lots of information about vaccines from my previous job as a Mayo vaccination nurse (recycled most of it)
A piece of paper that I got in a Kaplan class in 2010 that helped me pass the NCLEX-RN (keeping that and copying it for the people I work with who are currently in nursing school)
Approximately ten zillion photographs of various people from various eras (no time to organize this all now!)
A half-used beeswax Christmas ornament kit that I bought from Chinaberry at least eight years ago
At least thirty jigsaw puzzles
A basket that my Mother-In-Law, Eleanor, gave me several years ago.  It is meant to be decorative but must be kept away from the cat.  Also it is full of yarn.
A LOT of yarn from various projects that I have finished.  More yarn from projects that are half-completed.  More yarn from projects I haven't started.
More cross stitch patterns than I could use in fifty lifetimes (not that I won't try)
Random puzzle pieces
Random bits of toys from toys that are long gone
Random game pieces from games that are long gone
An exercise DVD Corinna lent me


What is scary is that there is still so much left in here to be sorted and packed or donated or tossed or recycled.

I need to do better than this at the next house, that is for sure.  This place is like entropy on steroids...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A great list of random stuff. I feel ya on so much left, needing to do better and beefy entropy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Good times moving stuff into storage with Austin today! I now feel the need to go DO something here in order to keep up with the R-C's.

    ReplyDelete